Wordpress blog challenge: Set Three Goals
I started blogging to put my writing out there and see what kind of feedback I got. I posted excerpts from my book and the response was great. Of course, most of the readers were friends of mine from Facebook and my stats started out low, but it didn’t matter. I felt validated and my confidence in my writing ability soared.
I worked on my book for about two years and intermittently would post personal essays on the blog as well.
I removed my book from the blog about 6 months ago since I would like to try to publish it offline in the future. I have posted on the blog, but not as much as I would like.
Like all writers, I would love to spend all my time cranking out witty, smart pieces that pay the bills.
This is a stretch goal, but it’s not impossible.
As part of a writing challenge, Blogging 201: Branding and Growth, my assignment is to set three goals for my blog to help define its content and drive traffic.
I hope you will cheer me on as I take on this task.
- Post more often. Specifically, more than zero. Ideally, one to two times a week.
Writing is important to me and it’s what makes me happiest. It’s not easy though, coming up with ideas to write about and making it all work on paper. That, along with life getting in the way, can make sitting down to write daunting and the procrastination sets in. I want to be able to make writing a priority in my life and make time to do it.
- Gain followers, increase traffic and participate in the writing community.
Having a blog is not only a place to express your creativity, it’s a forum to see other writer’s work and bounce ideas off each other. It’s an unassuming community and the support system is fantastic.
Gaining followers and increasing traffic is what all writers want on their blog. We want to be seen and be heard.
- Define and expand my writing skills.
I’m still trying to figure out exactly what my blog is and what my style is. I want to take on writing challenges and continue to grow into what hopefully can become a profession for me. I would like to do copywriting work and finish my book.
Now, I could use your help as well.
- Please, give me topic suggestions. As I stated, I am looking for new challenges and could use fresh ideas from you.
- I would love to start a conversation with you about whatever topic I post about, so feel free to tell me what you think in the Comments section of each post.
- Make me accountable. Gentle nudging when I haven’t posted anything in a week or so is welcomed.
As always, thanks for reading!